We had the freezing spell Saturday through Monday so I couldn't put out any plants. I got in a shipment yesterday evening, but I worked late so I couldn't put it out. Today it rained a ton, so no planting for a few days while I wait for it to dry out. In the meantime I was concerned for my new Angel Face rose bush. I had planted one of these up in North Carolina, pictured above. I fell madly in love with it and it tore my heart out to leave it when we left. So I found one in a gardening catalog and ordered it. It came in with yesterday's shipment and was a bare-root plant wrapped in plastic. Since I won't be able to plant it outside for a few days I went ahead and put it in a pot with some dirt in it to keep it from drying out. Hopefully I'll be able to get them out before they all die.Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Gardening in my Garage
We had the freezing spell Saturday through Monday so I couldn't put out any plants. I got in a shipment yesterday evening, but I worked late so I couldn't put it out. Today it rained a ton, so no planting for a few days while I wait for it to dry out. In the meantime I was concerned for my new Angel Face rose bush. I had planted one of these up in North Carolina, pictured above. I fell madly in love with it and it tore my heart out to leave it when we left. So I found one in a gardening catalog and ordered it. It came in with yesterday's shipment and was a bare-root plant wrapped in plastic. Since I won't be able to plant it outside for a few days I went ahead and put it in a pot with some dirt in it to keep it from drying out. Hopefully I'll be able to get them out before they all die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. That's really pretty. I can just imagine a whole bush full of those blooms.
Post a Comment