Sunday, July 15, 2007

Nice Weather

We've had a very nice spell of weather over the last couple of weeks. We've gotten quite a bit of rain, and the temperatures have been a little cooler. We went to Lowe's this morning to get a work bench for the garage, and of course while we were there I had to look at the garden center. I've been keeping my eyes out for a replacement for my peppermint clematis. It has very neat looking blooms on it but unfortunately hasn't been doing so well since it got planted. Almost all of the leaves have fallen off and it just wasn't looking too good. So while we were at Lowe's I found a Butterscotch Jessamine that has yellow fragrant flowers. It was a very well established plant and looks like it'll do good. I also picked up a couple of plants for the bird/butterfly/bee garden that I'm going to be setting up by my bird feeder.
After I got home I went out and planted the jessamine. I also did some tidying up of our back porch area because it was looking a little junky. I had some failed planting experiments, old pots and stuff sitting around so I got it all cleaned up. I also got rid of the failed lotus plant and potted a water lily in its place. After that I was pretty much wiped out for the day and came in and rested.

2 comments:

Kiy said...

Hey Gal! I haven't forgotten you, just buried in moving, packing and unpacking. We are moving into our new house (well, new to us) today. Sounds like you guys are doing well in your new (ish) place. You are much more into the whole planting than we are, but we have some plans for working on the yard ... slowly. Did a bit planting last week. Put in two Japanese eggplants that, sadly, do not seem to be doing real well. The previous homeowners planted five tomato plants, so at this point, just trying to keep them alive! Once we are a bit more settled, I will drop you an email. Hi to "D". Cheers, Kiy

Lythrum said...

Woot! I'm glad to hear that you got a place and are getting settled in. You'll have to send pictures!