Thursday, March 20, 2008

Interview with a Rabbi


I am taking a Religions of the World class and for our final project I had to talk to someone from a religion besides our own. I decided to visit one of the synagogues in town here for my paper. I went and spoke with the Rabbi and had a very interesting time. The congregation of Temple B’nai Sholom was established in 1876, and the temple was built in 1899. The temple is located in historic downtown Huntsville. It has a very distinct architectural style, and lovely stained glass windows. I enjoyed my visit there and learned a lot about Judaism. Finding out more about my neighbors makes me feel more like a permanent resident here than a visitor.

1 comment:

Heidi Cvancara said...

I am taking the same class. What kind of questions did you ask? I am afraid of offending anyone.
heidi.cvn@comcast.net