Monday, September 13, 2010

Think Pink

When I was younger I L-O-V-E-D pink. I remember having hot pink clothes, and light pink clothes, and all kinds of pink things. Being a redhead, pink was *not* a good look, but I didn't care. I liked unicorns, Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake too.

And then I turned into a teenager, complete with teen angst, headbanging metal-head, skulls and crossbones and owned nothing pink.

And then I became U.S. Marine, and I was a helicopter mechanic, and the word girly was not anywhere in my vocabulary. My perfume was jet fuel, engine oil and hydraulic fluid. My favorite color for clothes to this day remains olive drab green. And I think that I'm really getting daring if I wear something navy blue.

When I started planting gardens, pink was a taboo color for me. I had peach colored plants, yellow plants, purple plants, rust colored plants, and even lavender plants. But I was anti-pink. Then this year, suddenly pink started creeping into my garden. And the world didn't come to an end. ;) I blame Grace, and her beautiful garden pictures. :)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

What an interesting read in your life's journey as it relates to colours you wear and in your garden.

Anonymous said...

Um, well, um, what can I say? I think this deserves some psychoanalysis but I'm not really qualified. LOL Your pink choices are really nice. Thank you for the link love. I'm glad you're thinking pink these days. Full circle.

Lythrum said...

I appear to be computer illiterate today, I accidentally deleted this comment from Northern Shade:

I like pink accents in the garden, and think they look good next to blue or purple. Some of my favourite pink flowers for coordinating are Peonies and carnations. Lately I've been adding a number of Tiarella with pink flowers.

Sorry for the deletion. :(