I have wanted a jasmine vine for years. The smell of them takes me back to San Diego, where I smelled them everywhere. After the untimely death of my new clematis vine that I planted last fall, I needed a replacement climber. Since I didn't want to rush into a decision, I started thinking of annual vines that I could plant, and then put in a permanent resident this fall. We were at the nursery on Mother's Day, and I followed my nose to find this beautiful jasmine vine. And wondered why in the world I hadn't just bought a plant and replaced it every year. Okay, it goes against my nature of not wanting to spend money on disposable things, but for the price of a lunch out I can smell the lovely jasmine all summer long. And since my back garden is protected, it just might have a chance of overwintering. And if it doesn't I'll get a new one, but I don't want a garden that is empty of jasmine again.
No comments:
Post a Comment