I found this online over at Stray Thoughts.
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? The first time that I specifically remember reading was when I was in grade school. The first books I remember reading were The Runaway Bunny and Ping the Duck.
2. What are some books you read as a child? The above mentioned books, as well as Alice in Wonderland, Sideways Stories from Wayside School, James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, Charlotte's Web.
3. What is your favorite genre? Fantasy and Science Fiction
4. Do you have a favorite novel? Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter.
5. Where do you usually read? The bathtub used to be my #1 place to read, but now that I have an infant probably the most uninterrupted time I get is when I'm pumping out breastmilk at work. My #2 place is in my reading chair in the living room. It's big, and you sink into it. From it you can see out in the back yard and it's close to the fireplace.
6. When do you usually read? Most of the time I read later in the evening or on my lunchbreaks, as well as the aforementioned pumping breaks. :)
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Yes, I usually have several.
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? Not really, when a book gets me it gets me. Otherwise I'll make it about 1/3 of the way through and then I'll quit.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? I mostly buy them. Amazon Prime keeps UPS at my door. :)
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? I keep most of the books that I buy, mostly because I'm very lazy about taking them and trading them in.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child? I bought several Eric Carle books - The Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear. She's still too little to pay much attention to when I read.
12. What are you reading now? The Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer 8 Lee and Einstein Never Used Flashcards by Golinkoff, Hirsh-Pasek and Eyer.
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list? If you want to call the pile of unread books in my library chest a list then yes. :)
14. What’s next? Those two will probably take me until the end of the year. ;)
15. What books would you like to reread? Walden by Thoreau, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (annual event for me, or used to be)
16. Who are your favorite authors? Sharon Shinn, Mercedes Lackey (earlier works, about to the Owl-Knight series), JRR Tolkein, JK Rowling
2 comments:
Thanks so much for joining in!
I remember reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar to my kids. My oldest loved the Sideways Stories when he was younger.
Your reading chair sounds comfy!
Have you ever read anything of Ted Dekker? His Circle trilogy (Black, Red, and White) are written in a fantasy type of style as something of an allegory of Christianity. It keeps you on the edge of your seat!
I'll have to check those out, thanks for the recommendation. :)
Post a Comment