My Gnomeslayer loves rocks. One of her favorite things to do is to pick up small rocks while we are on walks, and we have quite a collection of them. So last weekend when we went to Across the Pond she was in heaven. They have a stone yard there, and I wanted to get some decorative stones to make the little streambed in the back yard. I have some flat gray/silver ones that were edging on the pond, but I wanted some other interesting ones to have on the sides. So we spent the morning climbing around pallets and digging through them to find *exactly* the right stones. They aren't that different, just some differences in coloration and shape that looked neat. I also got some black river pebbles that GS promptly dumped out of their bag when we got home. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so I think I'm going to do some work on it tomorrow.
5 comments:
Lythrum; you are one very hard working gardener.
Lythrum,
Grabbing up the rocks everywhere you go will eventually become a giant pile you can build something cool with. I've been known to pick up a rock here and there myself.
BTW thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment.
It's funny because buying rocks is such a foreign concept to me. I grew up in the Ozarks in Arkansas and there were more piles of rocks all over my grandparents land than you could ever use. The good thing is that I am going to be able to make the streambed out of the rocks and blocks (woot! a rhyme!) that I salvaged from the previous garden there and only had to spend $15 for the remaining materials.
And thanks to you also for your comment Randy, I've been enjoying checking out your blog too. :)
It's amazing how expensive rocks can be when they aren't naturally occurring; but they sure add character to a garden. gail
Do post your results, Lythrum. I'm a bonefide rock hound, collecting them from hither and yon, including some crystals from Arkansas! I love these rocks and look forward to seeing the magic they bring to your yard!
Post a Comment