Sunday, May 02, 2010

Home Again

We finally made it home, finally. We spent the weekend up at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. We had a great visit with hubby's parents, and The Gnomeslayer got to spend lots of time with her new playmates. I think Grandma and Papa were ready for a rest by the time we left. :) We hit the heavy storms in Nashville and made our way through carefully. It was one of the most nerve-wracking drives that we've been through in a while. So when we got home we had to do an inventory and see how everything made it through the storms. The picture above is the Guardian Larkspur in the rain garden. The colors on it are beautiful, almost like mother-of-pearl.
My 'Angel Face' rose finally bloomed. I love this rose, but it looks like part of the bush may be dead, so we'll see if it makes it. I love how delicate the blossoms look.
The siberian irises are in full bloom. Have I mentioned that I love siberian irises? I bought a bulk package of them a while ago, and they have been reproducing profusely. I have them everywhere now, but who wouldn't want to? :)

Time to go rest and decompress before work tomorrrow. I need a vacation from my vacation!

2 comments:

countrypeapie said...

beautiful pictures!

Rosemary said...

Even with all the rain the flowers are looking lovely in your garden.
We missed the worst of the storms only a bit of rain.