Today God has a new angel in Heaven today, Molly Marie. She is the daughter of my little brother Jimmy and his wife Angie. She was born very premature and weighed 1 lb. 10 oz. She fought a hard fight for six weeks, but complications developed and she didn't make it. Please keep my brother and his family in your prayers. I am not a person who is blessed with a silver tongue, and my only way of providing comfort is to feed people or to plant things. So today I went to the nursery and bought a rose to plant for Molly. This is a Chinese Butterfly Rose, whose petals start pink and shift to cream colored over the days after blooming. I hope that I remember her when I see it, though I never got to see her she has a place in my heart.Saturday, July 17, 2010
A Prayer for Molly Marie
Today God has a new angel in Heaven today, Molly Marie. She is the daughter of my little brother Jimmy and his wife Angie. She was born very premature and weighed 1 lb. 10 oz. She fought a hard fight for six weeks, but complications developed and she didn't make it. Please keep my brother and his family in your prayers. I am not a person who is blessed with a silver tongue, and my only way of providing comfort is to feed people or to plant things. So today I went to the nursery and bought a rose to plant for Molly. This is a Chinese Butterfly Rose, whose petals start pink and shift to cream colored over the days after blooming. I hope that I remember her when I see it, though I never got to see her she has a place in my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi Lythrum, This is such sad news, absolutely devastating for your family. I understand what you mean about not knowing what to do or how to help. I think planting the rose is a sweet, heartfelt way of showing your love. My niece's baby died last August, stillbirth during her 9th month of pregnancy. My heart still aches when I think about it. There are things in this world that just don't make sense.
Lythrum;
Such a tragic event leaves one with no words to express how sad one feels. Your rose is a lovely expression.
My heartfelt prayers to the entire family.
Thanks for the kind words ladies. :)
And by the way, more than anything it made me hold my little one close and thank God for the miracle of her.
Very sad news, Lythrum. You and your family have our thoughts and prayers.
Aiyana
Post a Comment