
I'm breathing a sigh of relief because it is now mid-August. We've had a slight break from the terrible heat and humidity, and even had a light rain a couple of times. I discovered our new garden visitor above when I almost walked into her. She built her web across the pathway behind 'Elle', shown in flower below. The roses have started blooming again and are doing a lot better since the Japanese beetles are gone. It's actually been pleasant enough the last few days to go outside and work in the evening. I keep getting hints that fall is on its way soon, and can't wait. I'm already looking through catalogs for fall planting. I actually only have two or so spots that I need to fill, so I'm going to have to keep myself in check. Really.
1 comment:
Lythrum Love Elle, beautiful colour. I too am looking forward to fall with the cooler temps and humidity gone. This summer has been a scorcher.
Post a Comment