Friday, November 26, 2010

Where Does Time Go?

I am ashamed to see how long it has been since I've posted anything. I have been busy studying for finals, trying to keep up with the Gnomeslayer, doing some holiday baking, and a sudden renewed interest in crocheting an afghan. Combined with flowers that aren't very interesting right now, and there wasn't much to write about. The picture above is from a trip that GS and I took to a local farm to pick pumpkins. The pumpkin patch was very pretty, with morning glories winding around the pumpkin vines.
And here was the result of our pumpkin picking expedition. I do think that it was the first time I have ever carved a pumpkin. My DH is not into Halloween at all, and I am the artistic one, so I took it upon myself to make the jack o' lantern. It was sticky and nasty work and it smelled bad, but the result was fun to look at. :)

We've been getting in some play-doh time in the evenings, and this caterpillar was one of our projects.

We've been getting in as much time outside as possible before the warm weather goes away. Can you believe it was still up in the 70's this week? Of course today was cold and rainy, but it isn't too shabby to be able to go outside without a coat on Thanksgiving.

And here's another of our art projects that we have been keeping busy with. You make color photo-copies of leaves, and cut them out. Then you can make lots of art projects with them. I got the idea from a book that we got out of the library called Leaf Man. It's good because it lasts a lot longer than a project made from real leaves. I hope that everyone has been doing okay while I have been away. :)

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Missed your posts but totally understand Gnomeslayer can keep you very busy , your fun crafts are terrific.