Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Cleaning


I apologize for taking so long to write an update, but things have been pretty hectic. Since my last post:


  • I got laid off from work. Being the only earner with a stay at home spouse and child, it was a huge blow.

  • My mom's house burned down to the ground on the same day I got laid off. They all got out okay, but they are waiting on insurance money to get settled to figure out what they are going to do.

  • My dad slipped on ice at work, fell down and hit his head. He had a concussion, seizure and went into cardiac arrest. He was in the hospital unconscious for a few days before he finally woke up. My sister and I went on a cross country trip - me to Arkansas to pick her up, and then we went to Minnesota to visit him.

  • My husband found a job and is working again (thank you God), so we have benefits again. The Gnomeslayer is in preschool now, hopefully they have no gnomes to be at risk.

The job search continues for me, along with taking classes at night and trying to get our house fixed up (in case we have to sell it). Life has been better, but we are all healthy (knock on wood) and we are getting by.


So with that housekeeping out of the way, it's finally spring in Alabama! Actually it has been for a few weeks at least. When I left on my trip to MN, the cherry and pear trees were blooming and the daffodils were up. And here is what we found when we got to Duluth:

Let there be no doubt in anyone's mind why we live in Alabama instead of Minnesota. :) It was very nice to get to see family members that I have not seen in a long time. It was an impromptu family reunion of sorts, too bad my dad couldn't enjoy it more. He is at home now, resting and recovering. My step-mother had leg surgery about a month or so ago and can't drive either so they are getting to enjoy each other's company a lot. :)

I'm glad to see everyone doing well, I'm so glad that I can get in my garden again. I'm still anxious to see who will come back and who didn't make it, but at least it is fun to be outside again. :)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Lythrum missed your posts but oh my you have certainly had many issues. Glad your Dad is recovering and hubby working... Hopefully you have had all the bad and good will be coming soon.

Kat said...

Yeesh! Life's been a bit wacky! Glad you're hangin' in there!!!

Anonymous said...

At least your garden blogger friends are coming back. I'm sorry about all the challenges you've been forced to reckon with lately. I hope you don't have to sell your house--or garden. Fingers crossed.