Monday, January 10, 2011

January Snow Day


We woke up to about 10 inches of snow in our back yard this morning. The weather has been calling for snow since mid-last week, so we were ready for it. I cooked a big pot of vegetable soup last night, and we have lots of hot chocolate and tea. We took the Gnomeslayer out for a while to let her play around, but it was hard for her to get around since the snow came up to mid-thigh. She played around with our neighbor's grandkids for a while, made snow angels with her daddy, and then we all came back in to thaw out. I think I'm all set with things to do...books to read, an afghan to work on, and possibly a nap. :)

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Lythrum How wise to get the soup ready .. winter hibernation... I am sure gnomeslayer loved the snow, adults tho it looks pretty not so much.

Gail said...

What a fun day. I so get why people with extreme weather have mudrooms~the in and out in this weather would make a huge mess in my front room! But, the soup and hot chocolate would more then make up for the cold...gail

Anonymous said...

This is a winter for the books isn't it? It sounds like you were well prepared and are staying warm. Spring is right around the corner.

AisforRandom said...

personally I'm tired of being snowed in again, however that sounds like a lovely way to spend a snow day.