Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stolen Moments

It was a busy morning (relatively speaking), and I took a break from dropping off my daughter, cooking lunch, catching up on paperwork and listening to my favorite radio show. I stepped out in the back yard to take a look at the skies, and see how the garden is doing. Storms are moving in, and you can feel the heaviness in the air, and the wind that reminds me of what is coming. Flowers are blooming all over in the garden. Rosebuds are swelling, and showing glimpses of their petals like ladies petticoats peeking out from under a skirt. Ahh, the growing season, how I have missed thee. Moments after stepping inside I hear the raindrops start to fall on the roof. I wish I could sit down and do something quiet while I enjoyed the sound, but alas I have to get ready for my workday.

No comments: