
I didn't get very much done this evening, because I've been taking a knitting class on Monday evenings. I admit that I'm a geek and was totally enchanted by a book of folk socks. Making socks is probably one of the most boring and mundane things that most people could think of making, but I think it would be awesome to be able to produce something useful out of a ball of yarn and two sticks. Okay, four sticks because you knit socks on four double-pointed needles. Tonight was the last knitting class for me, and I finally cast on my first pair. Okay, that's a lie, I actually tried to cast them on this weekend but kept having to rip them back apart because I have the attention span of a four year old and kept losing count of stitches. But this evening I sort of did better, and you see my effort thus far. We are driving down to Alabama this weekend and that gives me 13 hours of sock knitting productivity BOTH WAYS. Minus nap time of course. :)
P. S. The cake was a hit at work today, I brought home an empty container. Things don't last long once the engineers find them. I think that when the first one discovers food, they lay down a chemical scent like ants to lead the rest of them to it. I did decide that using the banana as an egg replacer does work, but the amount of sugar should be reduced a bit because it was just slightly too sweet for my liking. So maybe I'd try 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup.
1 comment:
Actually it's more like the bee dance, than ants. Yes, white men can dance, but only when describing how to get to the danishes by the coffee machine. In fact, I've got one of the trainers conditioned to bring the leftovers to my cube after class is done for the day.
Post a Comment