
My first roses in the new house bloomed today. They have had buds on them for the last week or so that just barely open a little bit each day. This rosebush is Neptune, that I bought from the Edmund's Roses catalog this spring. It's been kind of dry lately and there have been some little bugs on the buds so the flowers weren't perfect. But I figure that it's an accomplishment enough to get even a raggedy bloom out of them so I'm posting the pictures like a proud mama.
Speaking of proud mamas, I am going to be one. In December plus or minus a few weeks. So there's a lot of excitement around the homestead now. I have been doing well and I had my first doctor visit. My next one will be the second week in June to keep an eye on everything and make sure it is all going well. I'm such a logistician that I must already start planning every detail that I can think of so that very little gets left to chance. It's actually obsessive/compulsive I think. :)
It's been a pretty busy week, work has really picked up for me lately. I've also gotten over the aversion to food and actually cooked for the first time this last weekend. It seems like I'm making up for the meals lost with a vengeance now, so hopefully I'm not as big as a whale for my next doctor's visit.
P.S. The roses smell divine, very strong traditional rose smell. :)
Speaking of proud mamas, I am going to be one. In December plus or minus a few weeks. So there's a lot of excitement around the homestead now. I have been doing well and I had my first doctor visit. My next one will be the second week in June to keep an eye on everything and make sure it is all going well. I'm such a logistician that I must already start planning every detail that I can think of so that very little gets left to chance. It's actually obsessive/compulsive I think. :)
It's been a pretty busy week, work has really picked up for me lately. I've also gotten over the aversion to food and actually cooked for the first time this last weekend. It seems like I'm making up for the meals lost with a vengeance now, so hopefully I'm not as big as a whale for my next doctor's visit.
P.S. The roses smell divine, very strong traditional rose smell. :)
2 comments:
Wow! Grats Lythrum! I'll certainly understand if you don't name him/her after me, but here's hoping for a healthy little Marine. =)
Yup, we are hoping for a healthy little war pup and can't wait for the appearance. :) Damn 9 months, I'm already ready for it to be over. ;)
Post a Comment