The cookie drought at our house has finally been broken, behold it is Snack Day at work tomorrow! Of course I forgot that I had told them I would bake some cookies until 9:10 p.m. I have had this recipe for a while that I wanted to try, because my grandma used to bake some pineapple coconut cookies and my mom loved them. Since grandma is dead and her estranged sister has the recipe box she doesn't have a recipe. So I found this one out on the internet and am going to bake them for her next time she comes to visit. It's not that healthy for you but the taste is a real winner.Pineapple Coconut Cookies
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 c. white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 package of baking coconut
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl cream together the shortening and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture, pineapple and coconut alternately and stir well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until they just start to brown around the edges. Be careful not to overbake them.
No comments:
Post a Comment