Monday, May 19, 2008

The Watched Pot

Seed starting has never been a strong point of mine, but I saw the packet above in Target the other day and knew that it had to be mine. I like it because of its decorative value, but also because I have always wanted a passionflower vine. So I got them and a little peat pellet greenhouse and planted them. And started waiting. And waiting.....still waiting every day and checking them. I think it's a bad sign that mold is starting to pop up on top of the peat pellets, but I still hold out some hope. The package says germination can take up to 28 days and it's been...um who knows, like I wrote down the day I planted them *snort*. We'll see if my faith will get rewarded.

2 comments:

Kiy said...

I can't believe all you have going on in your garden, plus everything else! I am so impressed ... I can barely get laundry done. :) Everything is so beautiful, I am living my garden dreams through you, mainly as I can't seem to remember to water a darned thing. Jeff used to apologize to plants when I brought them home, knowing they were doomed.

Cheers, Kiy

Lythrum said...

Gardening is the only hobby that I really have right now. Definately dont' have the attention span for reading or quilting anymore. Since Maw is a stay-at-home dad he gets a lot of the routine stuff done so I can mostly relax on the weekends. I'm happy that my college classes will be over after this weekend and I'm taking a break for the summer. Our baby girl is still pretty clingy right now and will only tolerate being put in her exersaucer for maybe 10-15 minutes at a time. We're learning how to get things done in spurts. ;) Glad to see that you and Jeff are still doing well.