Gail asked this question on her blog, and it made me think back to when we left North Carolina. I had been working on my garden there for five years. And then when we got here in Alabama I started my new garden with a lot of lessons learned. The main lesson is to keep it small and manageable, especially since I am so busy with so many things. My living room is bigger than my garden is now. I am also gardening only in raised beds, decided after one look at the clay soil here.
I am already looking to my next garden, even though we aren't leaving here anytime soon (that I know of). Working in the defense industry is almost akin to being in a band of gypsies, you never know where you're going to end up. I definately have a better idea of what to look for in our next house. :)
3 comments:
We've been at C&L for more then 20 years...so all my lessons are learned here. It's possible we will have another move or two...it's hard to say, I would like the adventure of a big change and a chance to try out the lessons! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question...I didn't recall that you moved about. I so understand when you said >I definately have a better idea of what to look for in our next house. :)<
Thanks for the lovelink...gail
Smart you are to keep things managable.
Thanks ladies, I think my bank account is thanking me for keeping it manageable too. :)
Post a Comment