Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Freight House

We have a new favorite place to eat now. It is in Hartselle, AL about a 45 minute drive from here (shorter if the spouse is driving!). It is the Freight House and it is located in a renovated railroad building. If you look at the picture you can see that I got it snapped just as a train was going by. I was also unknowingly blocking traffic while I was waiting for the perfect shot. :) Don't bother looking for a sign on the building because they don't have one.
The decor is really neat and the food is spectacular. It is basic downhome Southern cooking an the Sweet tea is spot on.
I loved this lamp, with the bubbly glass.

This clock was enormous and cool looking.

And I really, really want this gryphon in my back yard!

6 comments:

Rurality said...

Ooh I love the gryphon too!

countrypeapie said...

Wow -- what a cool joint! The importance of the quality of a restaurant's sweet tea cannot be overemphasized!

Rosemary said...

This looks like a most interesting spot....... What was your fav dish?besides the tea.

Aiyana said...

It's always nice when you find an interesting, pleasant place to eat, and also get good food. We have some unique places around here, but the food is mediocre at best.
Aiyana

Lythrum said...

Actually what I always get is the Hobo Plate - pinto beans, turnip greens and cornbread with sliced tomatoes and onions. I have had their pecan pies, strawberry cake and a piece of yellow cake with fudge frosting. Their fried dill pickles are awesome too. :)

Gail said...

It must be good if your willing to have a 45 minute drive to and from! I need a road trip to Alabama! gail