Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nile Crane

The blooms on my Nile Crane daylily finally opened after teasing me for a long time. I always felt slightly conned because although it is beautiful, it was advertised as being fragrant and I never could smell anything. Today for the first time I could smell a sweet, delicate fragrance on the flowers and I was happy.

I've been pretty busy for the last week or so, not really in the garden, but in weaning my daughter. I have to keep her busy and wear her out so that she falls asleep easily at night. Spending time sitting down and typing, with the chest in easy reach isn't in the cards right now, alas. :)

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

So pretty your daylily, love fragance in flowers and am disappointed if the claim does not come true so happy yours does!

countrypeapie said...

What a beautiful color! I miss nursing my little ones -- such a sweet time.

Kat said...

What a gorgeous daylily! We have some lovely, dark ones blooming now...I'll have to get out there and shoot some pix.

Good luck with the weaning!

Gail said...

It's a lovely daylily~~and flowers with fragrance are a bonus! Good luck with weaning. gail