Yesterday we had a very productive day. We headed over to Lowe's early in the morning to pick up some mulch and landscape fabric. While we were there I found some Tiny Asiatic Ghost Lilies in the seasonal clearance area and had to pick one up. It's a really beautiful color, which doesn't really show true here. I haven't had much luck with lilies in my gardening career, so maybe I can change that. I thought that I was very restrained for only buying one plant, since I haven't done much nursery shopping this year. I think it was only the fact that DH was along that kept me from getting more. ;) That and the fact that we are dismantling my back garden and I'm already going to be trying to find room for everything. It was a perfect fall day, cool and sunny with no rain in sight.
Joseph's Coat had a stray bloom on it.
Today on the other hand has been an inside day. It has been overcast and raining since we woke up this morning. I'm glad that we didn't put off doing the garden work until today or it would have gone undone again. So we were working on getting some housework done and I spent a large part of the day reading If You Give A Pig a Party to the Gnomeslayer. It as a good day to not have anything to *have* to do outside. :) I also made a big pot of chili, so we'll be eating good for the next few days.
1 comment:
Lythrum, good luck on the lily, love your rainy day spent reading and making chili.....great way to spend a Sunday.
Post a Comment