Yesterday I started deconstructing the garden in the back yard. I dug out the boxwood bushes in one of the front beds that came with the house. The bed has been a neglected spot since we got here because the things that I planted there never took off, and I didn't ever get around to tweaking it. So yesterday I dug up everything in that bed, and moved these plants in from the back garden: Angel Face rose, iris fulva, louisiana water iris, pentestemon, coerepsis and bee balm. Today I'm going to bring over the hen and chicks and the Nile Crane daylilies. My goal was to get one bed finished this weekend and work on the others next weekend. I'm going to move some of the other plants to the back fenceline too, the ones that are less mannerly and wouldn't do so well in a front yard flower bed. I was happy to finally get working on this because it was raining for the last month or so. :)
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Deconstruction
Yesterday I started deconstructing the garden in the back yard. I dug out the boxwood bushes in one of the front beds that came with the house. The bed has been a neglected spot since we got here because the things that I planted there never took off, and I didn't ever get around to tweaking it. So yesterday I dug up everything in that bed, and moved these plants in from the back garden: Angel Face rose, iris fulva, louisiana water iris, pentestemon, coerepsis and bee balm. Today I'm going to bring over the hen and chicks and the Nile Crane daylilies. My goal was to get one bed finished this weekend and work on the others next weekend. I'm going to move some of the other plants to the back fenceline too, the ones that are less mannerly and wouldn't do so well in a front yard flower bed. I was happy to finally get working on this because it was raining for the last month or so. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with your tasks. If you need anymore tasks like that I have some flower beds that have been lacking a proper mom (me) to take care of them! I've been horrid this summer!
Wow, that's a lot of work! It will pay off in beauty, I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing pictures of everything.
Post a Comment