Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Cotton

One of the things that I find so interesting about Alabama is seeing the cotton fields when they are ready to harvest. It's almost like seeing drifts of snow. It was especially dramatic seeing the white cotton fields with the fall colors in the trees behind them.

We got our first heavy frost last night. I could hardly get it scraped off of the car this morning. Looks like winter is finally here, booo!

6 comments:

sweetbay said...

Those fields really do look like they're covered in snow! Beautiful.

Lythrum said...

Thanks for stopping by! I have to admit that we stopped the car with the hazard lights so I could get out and take the picture. I felt about two feet tall when someone pulled over to see if we needed help and I had to admit I was just taking pictures like a tourist. :)

Aiyana said...

What few cotton field are left around here are already picked for the most part. Sometimes they do a second picking in November, but October is the main picking month.
You dread winter--I look forward to it after our miserable summers.
Aiyana

Gail said...

Isn't it an amazing crop~You must have some good neighbors to have stopped! Yep, winter is here. gail

countrypeapie said...

I love cotton fields. My parents used to stop and let us pick a little when I was a kid.

Kat said...

Mmmmm, *love* the cotton fields!