I have been busy lately, as you can see since I stopped posting. I have changed degree majors from business to IT, focusing on website development. So I haven't had a whole lot of free time. One of the benefits is that I got to buy the Adobe Creative Suite at student prices. I have lusted after Photoshop for years. It took a couple of weeks before I got to play with it, and here was the first trial. I have a picture of my grandparents (seen on the left), passed on to me to get scanned into the computer. If you magnify it, you can see that it is in pretty bad shape. The big black mark, countless scratches and gouges, and it was really dirty to boot. So I tried to clean it up, which took a couple of hours. Did I say that I love Photoshop? I can't wait to see what I can do when I actually learn to use it. ;)Thursday, February 25, 2010
Fun With Photoshop
I have been busy lately, as you can see since I stopped posting. I have changed degree majors from business to IT, focusing on website development. So I haven't had a whole lot of free time. One of the benefits is that I got to buy the Adobe Creative Suite at student prices. I have lusted after Photoshop for years. It took a couple of weeks before I got to play with it, and here was the first trial. I have a picture of my grandparents (seen on the left), passed on to me to get scanned into the computer. If you magnify it, you can see that it is in pretty bad shape. The big black mark, countless scratches and gouges, and it was really dirty to boot. So I tried to clean it up, which took a couple of hours. Did I say that I love Photoshop? I can't wait to see what I can do when I actually learn to use it. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awesome! What a great picture of your grandparents!
Congrats' on the change over--sounds exciting. Hope you're enjoying it, even though I know you're wildly busy.
I am so glad you posted this~I've been hesitating to add another piece of software to my computer, but this is just what I need to salvage some photos! gail
Terrific repair job on your grandparents picture..
Wow, great job. Cleaning up marks across the face is always the hardest!
Thanks for visiting ladies. :) I had a free photo editor that I downloaded that I used for a while, but it's so nice to have the high speed version. Of course, then you have to learn how to use all of the bells and whistles.
Hi Lythrum~~
Much success with your new endeavor! I recently downloaded for free, paint.net which is purported to be a similar, yet not quite so powerful clone to Photoshop. It drives me nuts but it's highly addictive too. With teenagers routinely glued to their computers, I never thought I would be on my butt for hours but here I am. So much fun.
Your "after" photo looks amazing. I hope you'll post more of your projects.
You did a fabulous job, Lythrum! This type of photo is priceless, and you have saved it! Well worth the money spent and effort put forth. Good luck with your IT pursuits! :-)
Frances
Post a Comment