Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Beginning

We have been getting beautiful sunny weather. I've been busy doing lots of tidying up and evaluating last years plants. Unfortunately it looks like there are going to be a couple of casualties. Neptune is diseased, and looks like its going to have to go. Also, one of my other roses is dead too. I do love me some roses, but I have decided that I'm not replacing any that I lose. I definately don't need anything high maintenance right now. Maybe when I have more time on my hands I will try some more. I've also made the decision that The Mum That Ate Alabama is going to visit the garden in the sky. It is so huge and sprawling that it looks messy and it takes up way too much room. So with those two plants gone it opens up a very large spot in the front yard garden. Since I'm wanting low maintenance, I had to look through the new High Country Gardens catalog that I got in the mail today. Here's what I've decided to get to fill in the spot.

Purple Ozark Beardtongue
Western Wood Lily
Bluebell of Scotland
Sunset Foxglove
Wildflower Salmon Gladiolus

So I lose two plants, and get five in return. While I'll miss Neptune, I get some neat things to fill the hole. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lythrum~~ Sounds like a plan to me! Don't you love High Country Gardens? So many temptations. I hope we'll get to see your remodeled bed this summer.

Aiyana said...

My roses currently have powdery mildew. What a disappointment--this is the best time of year for roses here. Hope my treatment works. If they succumb--that's it for roses for me. I'm with you!
Aiyana

Gail said...

Mums have a way of growing beyond their alloted space! Sorry to hear about your rose losses. gail