Sunday, January 02, 2011

600 Things

This doesn't really relate to gardening, but there isn't much going on out there right now. My husband and I were watching the news (sorry can't remember which channel or who said it), and they had a lifestyle coach on. She was giving people advice that they should try to clean out some of the clutter in their lives this year. Her advice was to get rid of 50 things a month. Or 600 things in a year. That sounded like a lot of things to me, but we decided that we would give it a try. So we were pulling together a load to take to the Salvation Army, and figured that would be a good place to start. Add in decluttering under the sink in the bathroom and our hall closet. So our first load has 81 things in it, and might be added to before it finally gets taken in. We'll see how we do on the other 519. :)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

That really does seem like a lot of things but I have been cleaning the basement and surprisingly I could probably find at least 100.. Will be interested to see how you do for the rest of the year..

NotSoAngryRedHead said...

Sounds like a good idea!

Lythrum said...

Thanks ladies. :) Yes, it does seem a lot, but when I look at all of the odds and ends and sets of things that we have that we don't use, I think we'll make it! :)