After a pretty steady diet of fast food/takeout for the last year or so, it is nice to get back into the kitchen again. I decided that I would start making a more elaborate Sunday dinner to try out new recipes from the pile of cookbooks that I have collected. Today's meal was cooked from the Jamie food magazine, from Jamie Oliver. It is Empire Roast Chicken, Bombay Potatoes and a Carrot Ribbon Salad. The chicken and potatoes are both made with Indian spices, and the salad has mint and cilantro in it. Overall I think it was a success, though it all needed a little more salt. We have been trying to eat more curry since we read a report that it is beneficial to brain health. My brain certainly needs all the help that it can get. :) It is truly lovely to sit down for a great meal with my family on a weekend afternoon. The Gnomeslayer helped to mix the marinade with me, and peeled the carrot ribbons for the salad. She loves to help in the kitchen, more than she likes to actually eat the food that we cook though. But she loves to sample bites of everything, so I think she will eventually get more adventurous with her eating. :)

1 comment:
Looks like a yummy Sunday dinner.
Post a Comment