Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Cookie Monster

I've been a cookie baking monster for the last few days. Having people in the house to bake for makes me happy, and I've been taking full advantage. In the last week I have baked:

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies with Cherry Filling
Cranberry Orange Cookies
Snickerdoodles
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
And finally today I baked:
ANZAC Biscuits (pictured above)

I haven't baked the ANZAC biscuits in a while, because hubby is not that fond of coconut. ANZAC biscuits are an Australian/New Zealand cookie, named in honor of the Australian/New Zealand Air Corps and I believe they are traditional on ANZAC Day there. I found some cane syrup at the store and figured I'd make some for our guests. They came out much better than the last time I made them - I love my new stove.

The houseguests are leaving early tomorrow morning, so we'll have a lot of cleaning to catch up on. :)

3 comments:

Serdic said...

Australia! Australia! Australia! We love you!

Mind you, they look mighty tasty! Quickly Robin! To Google!

Yep, they look tasty! And I have some New Zealander friends to try them out on. =)

Lythrum said...

They are very good, very rich cookies. The recipe is supposed to be best made with cane syrup, which is not the easiest thing to find. I made them with corn syrup before when I was unable to find them and it worked okay. The flavor is better with cane syrup. The Cooking Light database says that you can find it in cans next to the syrup section. I used Rodenberry's Cane Patch blend syrup that is cane syrup mixed with corn syrup. Lyle's is supposed to be the thing to use. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cooooooookies!! Coooookies!