Saturday, February 10, 2007

Havoc



Hockey has always been my favorite sport to watch (probably because I hate most other sports). Having lived in the frozen north for quite a few years, I developed an appreciation for the game. Hockey fans living in the South were out of luck until the spread that's happened lately. And now I'm living in a town that has its own team, yay! :) My company helped sponser Military Appreciation Night, and tonight was the game. I got free tickets so we went. It was a great time, I really enjoyed it. Even the husband enjoyed the game. I definately plan on attending some more of them. We are going to get a hotel downtown next time so that we don't have to drive home afterwords. Should be an enjoyable evening. :)

2 comments:

Serdic said...

I love watching junior hockey and non NHL hockey, especially in the rinks. I love the smell, and the sounds. In the summer, it's great being able to stand in the rink in shorts and sandals.

Course, I've come to realize you're the reason Hurricanes won the Cup last year! Lythrum > Serdic that day.

Lythrum said...

The smell if an ice arena is one of the memorable ones from when I was growing up though. I was a bit disappointed though. The arenas when I was young smelled like wet sweaty socks but this one was bright and clean. ;) But the sound of the skates on ice and the pucks slamming on the shields brought back memories. :)