Tonight I tinkered around with a couple of recipes that I have been holding on to. This is an adaptation of a couple of Cooking Light recipes. It's something that I wanted to use as an appetizer. I liked the way that it turned out and plan on making it again. I would post pictures but they didn't turn out very photogenic so I'll have to make them again sometime.
Jezebel Bites
1 Tbs. butter or margarine
1 shallot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 c. boiling water
1/4 c. dried apricots, chopped
2/3 c. pineapple preserves
1/3 c. red pepper jelly
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. hot sauce of your choice (I like Texas Pete)
1/2 tsp. crushed chile pepper
Phyllo Dough, thawed
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Bring water to a boil and pour over apricots, set aside for 10 minutes. Heat a small saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, and saute for 5 minutes or so, until garlic begins to brown but is not burned. Drain apricots and put in a medium sized bowl. Add shallot mixture and remaining ingredients except for Phyllo and cooking spray. Stir well until combined.
At this point it would be fine to serve with cooked meat if you indulge in it, especially ham.
If you want to try the Jezebel Bites, taked thawed phyllo sheets and cut them in half. Lay out a sheet, spray it with olive oil for three layers. Place a spoonful of the sauce in it and roll it up like a flag. Sorry, that's the best instructions that I can come up with, I'm not that creative tonight. ;)
Place on a cookie sheet and spray tops with cooking spray. Bake in a 400 degree oven for around 11 minutes or until browned and crunchy.
No comments:
Post a Comment