Friday, December 19, 2008

Sunshine! Blue Skies! 60 Degrees!

For the last few weeks it has been rainy, icy at times, foggy and overcast all of the time. I was starting to think I might have SAD and need a sun lamp. It doesn't help that it is pitch black outside by 5 PM. I took off work a little early and took Quickbeam outside and lo and behold we saw blue skies. So it was time to do an inventory.
I know that everyone is probably sick of pictures of my phlox, but is still plugging away and I am extremely curious how long it is going to keep blooming. There are a few blooms on each of the plants. It also looks like there are a few buds opening up on the Alyssum plant.
Imagine my surprise to see a dandelion blooming in the yard. I have never been one of those that has to have a weed-free yard and I have always enjoyed seeing cheerful dandelion blooms.

There is a large bloom with probably 20 plus mushrooms in the front flower bed. Since I was carrying Quickbeam (and the ground was wet) I couldn't get down to get a really good picture. My camera lens seemed to be kind of fuzzy.
The lack of leaves helped to expose the bird's nest in my crepe myrtle tree. I tried to avoid getting too close to it this summer.



So that was our expedition today. It felt really good to get outside and get some fresh air. I let Quickbeam run around for awhile and she enjoyed the time outside also. Keeping her from eating leaves and grass definately keeps me busy. :)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Love your pictures, especially the sun , very cold and snowy here so appreciate your view.

Aiyana said...

Lovely photos. The mushrooms look like they've turned upside down. I guess I'm not familiar with fungi!
Have a great holiday, and thanks for visiting my blog over the months.
Aiyana

Lythrum said...

Thank you very much for the visit ladies. I do appreciate you visiting my blog too. :)