We finally got a really cold snap and good freeze over the weekend. The sheet of ice shown above is in the lotus planter. I didn't post last weekend because the weather was miserable and there wasn't much to show. When I got up early Saturday morning there was a really heavy frost all over everything so I went outside to check it out.
Here is my elfin thyme with a good dusting.
And here is the seed head on the Joe Pye Weed. And then later that afternoon, in spite of everything...
More phlox!
3 comments:
Hi Lythrum, how I love that elfin thyme, could it be the name of the tiny sweet leaves? Covered with frost it is pure magic!
Frances
Frost photos always look wonderful, as long as I'm in the house and warm and toasty! I just got back from Denver--it was 1 degree F., and there was 4 inches of snow overnight. As much as I hate our summers here in Phoenix, I really don't think I could take a lot of cold weather, so you have my sympathy.
We had some rain today --before I had a chance to bring all my potted cacti back under the covered part of the patio. I'm sure I'll lose a few who are sensitive to winter moisture. Drats! That's what I get for sleeping late.
Aiyana
Thanks ladies :)
Frances, I love the name too, and the growth habit witth the tiny symmetrical leaves is so fascinating to me.
Aiyana, I love frost photos too, or snow or icicles. Living in the South we don't see a whole lot of any of them. It was in the 50's again today and really rainy.
Post a Comment