Friday, September 25, 2009

Chuckles Goes for a Ride

Today started out as a very peaceful, quiet day. I woke up with a slight fever this morning and wasn't feeling very good. The Big Spring Jam concert is going on all this weekend in Huntsville, so it isn't a good time to be trying to get out and do anything. We'd planned to get groceries and stay around the homestead for the rest of the weekend. We just finished eating supper, a Tater Tot Hotdish recipe that I've been wanting to make for a while. I was cleaning out the skillet, and Q cleaned up the Gnomeslayer and was picking her up to carry into the living room. As he was carrying her by the tank of Chuckles, our betta, she kicked out her food and knocked the tank onto the floor. I was standing frozen by the sink, watching as the wave of water, plastic aquarium plants, aquarium gravel, and ultimately Chuckles washed over the kitchen floor. I grabbed a cup from the cupboard and filled it with water. I had to scoop up Chuckles and get him in the cup. Q ended up mopping up the water while I got the tank set back up and he is back in the tank hiding behind the plants. Poor guy, he had just gotten settled in from the big move when I brought him home from work. He just started blowing a bubble nest again yesterday, which is what male bettas do when they are feeling happy and secure. Ahh well, all's well that ends well, and I don't have to add another notch to the Gnomeslayer's belt. :)

3 comments:

Kat said...

Poor Chuckles! And, btw, just how many notches is the Gnomeslayer up to now? ;D

Lythrum said...

She just has the one gnome so far. Although Q did teach her how to stomp on bugs in the house so I'm not sure what the unofficial talley is. :)

Rosemary said...

Oh my, You have given me a chuckle! I know a bad pun!