Sunday, September 27, 2009

Drying Out

We finally had a day without rain!! I could hardly believe it. When I went outside, it was really steamy and buggy. Lots of mosquitoes flying around, I assume from all of the standing water that's been around. I had lots of plans for what I wanted to do today, but the ground was really too wet so I had to put them off yet again. We went for a drive today and it was a perfect pre-fall day. The sky was sapphire blue with white puffy clouds. Thistle down floated through the air, and stray yellow leaves blew down off of the trees. Little yellow butterflies fluttered around on the plants. The Mum that Ate Alabama started blooming over the weekend. It is currently about the size of four or five regular mums. It was a really nice day. I made a new recipe for dinner tonight, Brat, Beer and Cheese Soup. Talk about a perfect fall soup, though not the healthiest. :)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

I think we now have your rain , pouring here this AM and supposed to be wet for the next 3 days with high winds to add to the mess..... Love the recipe will be trying it out.

Gail said...

Way too many mosquitoes. Isn't it wonderful to see the sun shine? I am so glad it's gone for awhile! My husband will be in heaven over that recipe. gail

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get a few more days of sunshine. There's nothing like mucky, rain-drenched soil to work in. Beautiful mums.