Monday, December 24, 2012

Reboot

Anyone who has read my blog will have noticed that my writing has been pretty nonexistent for the last couple of years. Mainly because of school and work sucking out my brain, but also because of a lack of interest in what my blog had become. I originally envisioned that it would help me keep in touch with my friends and family, and then I ended up writing a blog mostly about gardening. During the last few years, my interest in flowers and gardening has waned. Not that I don't still love all of my flowers, but I only have a few flower beds and taking pictures of the same plants or trying to come up with something different to write about wasn't that enjoyable. And I found myself staging things for pictures and taking the fun out of the process. So although I do enjoy my plants, and still plan on working a lot outside with both flowers and vegetable gardens, it isn't going to be the focus of what I am going to be writing because.....I had an inspiration that got me interested in blogging again.

I am a collector (not quite a hoarder though there are family tendencies) of things, not so much a user of things. During the time I was working so hard on schoolwork, I would buy things so that I could use them when I was finished with my degree. It helped me to cope with a lot of the resentment that I had about the things that I didn't have time for because I was so busy. And then when I finally finished, I found that I just really didn't have interest in doing anything. Now that some time has passed, I found myself looking through all of the projects that I have planned, books waiting to be read, songs needing to be learned, and gardening projects that I have been thinking of. And I started making a list. First it was a list of things that I wanted to get done during my holiday break. Then I started thinking on how making a list of things that I wanted to do would help me keep track of them, and feel some progress as I completed them. So I started expanding the list into what I wanted to do in the next year.

At first I thought about just letting this blog sit and start a new one specifically for starting over again without the baggage of what I have written previously. A blank page if you will. But then I tried to think of a witty new name and came up blank. So I have decided that I am going to use this blog to keep track of my progress and share it with my friends and family. Be advised: If you continue to visit this blog, you will be subject to seeing cooking projects, drawings, hearing about books that I read, and possibly having to listen to music that I play - if I ever got brave enough to post it.  2013 is going to be a very busy year, a sort of renaissance of me to have fun and learn things. I'm looking forward to the ride.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Lythrum Glad you have decided to keep on with this blog. Blogs I think are like life subject to change as one lives and grows.

Lythrum said...

I agree Rosemary...sometimes I feel like I have been totally different people throughout different stages in my life. We can't ever expect things to stay the same. :)