No, I didn't get into poison ivy in the backyard, just getting tired of being in a holding pattern and waiting. We are waiting for our house to close, waiting for the last week of work to be over, and waiting before we can really get anything started down in AL. I am not a very patient person and it drives me nuts.
Our buyer came by with his wife today, and he mowed the yard (he has a lawnmowing business), while I visited with his wife. We are two kindred spirits, we spent a long time talking about gardening and other things. Since they are going to be using our house as a rental, they are planning on taking some of my (their) plants to their house. Other than that, nothing new to report on the homefront.
The way that I have been dealing with stress and worry lately is to bake stuff, so tonight I baked some blackberry muffins to help use up some stuff in the freezer. I wanted to make them eggless, and try using some milled flaxseed as an egg replacer (it would also add some fiber and make it even healthier) but I seem to have misplaced my flaxseed. It makes me nuts when I can't find things that I know should be there. Anyway, the muffins turned out very good. I am usually not that crazy about cooked blackberries, like in a cobbler. Their taste is very strong and overwhelming. It turned out just right in these muffins though. I've gotten hooked on mini-muffins, it is really so much better than the bigger muffins. You can really notice the texture of them, which would be lost in a bigger muffin. So the baking itch was scratched, and I've been munching on mini-muffins all evening. At least it isn't candy bars. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment