Sunday, August 20, 2006

Reading

So I'm bored with moving news myself, and can't imagine anyone else is that interested. So today I'm going to talk about one of my major passions - reading. I've added a new feature to my sidebar of the book(s) that I am currently reading. I found Cultivating Delight by Diane Ackerman in the bargain book section of Barnes & Noble, and being unable to resist cheap gardening essay books I bought it. I've actually had it for a while now and have been reading it off and on, usually whenever I want to soak in the bathtub. The book is broken down into different essays in short chapters, so it makes a good one to dip in and out of without losing track of what you were reading.

I like the book quite a bit, although I do agree with some of the Amazon reviewers that think she gets to enamored with her prose. But overall the book is very readable and I'm enjoying it. I don't ask much of this sort of writing, but sometimes authors get in the way of what they are writing and I don't enjoy it very much. I read some of Bern Heinrich's nature books, and I kept feeling like he was trying to prove that he's a new Thoreau and it just got really annoying. Anway, I'm just enjoying the light reading because I am expecting another book that I ordered from Amazon tomorrow, and it's going to be a boring work related book. This one is on Inventory Management and is to study up for my new job, to have an idea of what I'm doing. ;) Hopefully it won't put me to sleep.

I've also added my Now Hear This section, that shows my favorite music finds. :)

No comments: