Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Quilt Guild


Today was a home day, we didn't really go anywhere. I spent the afternoon getting the laundry room emptied of all of the recyclables that have been waiting to be taken to the recycling center. We are going to have a bunch of stuff to get rid of. I have been debating the idea of having a yard sale, but I'm really not interested. I don't really like them, but I would like the money. :)

We went to get Mexican for supper tonight, and then went to my quilt guild meeting. This is going to be the last one for me. It's the Croatan Quilter's Guild, and it's a great bunch of ladies. The guild symbol is the Pine Tree Quilt Block, see my poorly executed Powerpoint example above. The bad part about moving is that you have to say goodbye to so many people, it really sucks. This is my mom's last night here, she'll be flying back tomorrow. Sans water bottles and drinks of course, we don't want her to get tackled going through the security checkpoints.

2 comments:

Serdic said...

I* just finished a major clean out/toss out of my apartment too. The stuff I didn't want to toss, I donated to charity. They even came to pick it up.

*By I, I mean my mother showed up one Sunday with a bucket of cleaning supplies, and a determined look on her face.

Lythrum said...

I'm leaning more towards donating my stuff also, just because I'm lazy and don't want to go to the effort of doing the yard sale thing. I really don't like dealing with people that much, and people who want to haggle annoy me. I think it would do my blood pressure more good just to donate the stuff.