This is the first weekend since we've moved here that I actually had energy and wanted to do something. We have some plants to put out before it gets too cold, so we were wanting to check out one of the local nurseries that we've driven by a couple of times. I have been to some nice nurseries in NC, but NOTHING compared to this one. The name of the place is Bennett's Nurseries, and it is located right next door to a water gardening store called Across the Pond. Bennett's is a huge nursery, and the areas in between the greenhouses are almost like a botanical garden. They serve free drinks to their customers, and have live music on Saturdays. ;) Across the Pond was almost as good. They have a koi breeding facility and a huge variety of fish. They have everything that you would need to start a pond, pallets of stone that you can buy, and a very large section with bird feeders and garden statuary. I didn't want to go home, but we had plans for the evening!
I was having a chili cook-off with my friend last night, and we were going to have a bonfire. So I went home to start cooking. The recipe that I made was Tigua Indian Green Chili from James Villas' Stews, Bogs and Burgoos cookbook. It's a really hot and spicy chili that makes your nose run. It turned out pretty good, I was happy with it. We ate chili and then went outside to burn stuff. :) The evening was beautiful. It was really chilly out and it was clear so you could see all of the stars in the sky. We were there until late last night, so I'm still a big groggy this morning.
Today I think we are going to hang around the homestead til later, I brought some work home with me so that I wouldn't be so far behind on Monday, so hopefully I can make some progress. We'll see anyway. :)
1 comment:
I love chili that makes my nose run. ;)
Glad you're getting a chance to have some fun these days, pal. You've been working so hard! Good on ya for taking time to look at the stars.
Post a Comment