
I've been trying to figure out some healthier snacks to have around the house and to take to work. So I found a recipe that sounded interesting on one of my favorite food forums, and it was for Honeybee No-Bakes. Basically almond butter balls shaped like bees. I almost had a heart attack at the price of a jar of almond butter so I used peanut butter instead. I'd really like to try it with almond butter, but $13 for about 1 cup is a bit steep for me right now. I guess if I factored in how much I spent on other junk food though it could probably be justified. ;)
So here is a link to the original recipe. My bees ended up looking more like rabbits, so I have officially changed their title to Honey Bunnies. They tasted pretty good, they were a bit sticky so I have them in the refrigerator. They could use some more oat bran or something.
Recipe: http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/04/honeybee-no-bakes.html
I'm thinking that mine turned out a bit sticky because her recipe called for a honey substitute, and while they might taste similar they probably don't have honey's ability to stuck moisture out of the air and into the food. So maybe adding a bit more oat bran would do the trick. Not sure, but I was pretty happy with them. :)
1 comment:
Cutest. Snack. Ever.
Post a Comment