Saturday, November 18, 2006

Lunch Lady Scoops


I've been in a baking mood again, and I baked the Pumpkin Muffins from the November Cooking Light tonight. I am still trying to figure out if I put an extra 1/2 cup flour in it, I lost count while I was making them. The batter/dough turned out stiffer than muffins normally are, so I used the first part to make mini-muffins and the second part to make in cookie form. I used coarse sugar on the top of the cookies and flattened them a bit. I have to say that the cookies won hands down over the muffins. I have to say that my favorite kitchen tool at the moment are lunch lady scoops. It makes cookies and muffins so much easier to put in pans.

We went shopping this afternoon and ordered my new reading chair and a bookcase. We weren't able to find any that stores had in stock around here that we liked, so we had a place order us some. Unfortunately it won't be in until January because the factory closes down for the last two weeks of December. But I'd rather wait for what I want to get delivered than to settle for something less because I can get it now.

The weather has been beautiful for the last few days, warm and sunny with just a bit of chill in the air. The nights have been clear and cold. It's perfect sweater wearing weather so I have brought all of mine out of the storage bin. I'm starting to make out plans for what to make for Thanksgiving, paging through all of my cookbooks. We are going to dinner at my friend's house, and I'm going to be bringing sides. Definately mashed potatoes and gravy (his wife likes to make instant), maybe some stuffing and some other veggie sides. A pie of some sort is definately going to be in order, I just haven't decided what kind.

1 comment:

Serdic said...

I'm trying to find a cookie scoop for my softer doughs, ie the ones I have to roll in my hands.