
It's the third day in the four day weekend and I've started getting restless. :) We stayed home again, both of us had the blahs and didn't feel like doing anything. I made a pot of lentil chili and am slowly working my way through the stack of recipes that I have to try out. The original recipe didn't taste all that flavorful so I had to doctor it up a bit. Here's the recipe:
Lentil Chili
1 Tbs. canola oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbs. chili powder
1 Tbs. paprika (I used half smoked Spanish paprika and half sharp paprika)
½ tsp. dried thyme
2 c. dried lentils
4 c. stock
1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
½ c. ketchup or tomato paste
3 small potatoes, chopped
Heat the oil in the bottom of a saucepan. Add onions, garlic and spices and sauté until onions begin to soften. Add lentils and toss to coat. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils and potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
2 comments:
Yummmm. Is that a grilled cheese sammich? *tries scooting plate closer* ;)
It is ;)
Post a Comment