Sunday, February 15, 2009

Green Thumb Sunday 2/15/09 - Flowering Quince

I finally have something different too look at. :) The flowering Quince in the front flower bed bloomed. It has had buds on it for the last month or so and they finally opened up. I spent part of the afternoon outside letting our Munchkin run around and get worn out for napptime. It was a beautiful day with puffy white clouds in the sky. Not bad for Febrary!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Beautiful photos! I especially love the one of the puffy white clouds in the sky.

I'm having stirrings of planting-time lust. ;) I really want to plant a little herb garden this year, and maybe a very small veggie garden. Mmmm, fresh herbs & veggies...

Gail said...

Lythrum,

Lovely photo of the flowering quince. We haven't any but neighbors do so I get to enjoy them when I walk!

I do hope you have a wonderful week and that you for stopping by my place!

gail

Rosemary said...

Oh, how nice your weather looks.
Flowering quince is a lovely shrub , thorny but pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lythrum, imagining running around outside until tired enough for a nap sounds perfect for us older nature lovers too. :-) I love the quince. Ours just would not open up all the way for bloom day. Surely for March they will be included. I love that coral color and the way it highlights the yellow daffodils, add a few blue grape hyacinths and art is made!
Frances