Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Magazine Stash - Part Four

It's been a busy week here. I've had midterm tests and papers to write. I have also been busy at work and there isn't much going on outside yet. But now the tests and papers are done for the moment and I am back to my decluttering project.


Crimson Flag - These have such a beautiful and vibrant color.

Hopley's Oregano - Another beautiful plant for the fall garden. This has beautiful red-violet foliage and bluish foliage.

Corbett's Red Heather - I tried to find a source for this but couldn't. It is heather with reddish foliage. Again, good for the fall garden.

'Golden Ring' Japanese Barberry - Can you tell that it was a fall magazine that I was looking at? I had a barberry bush in my garden in NC but haven't gotten around to planting one here.

Climbing Carolina Aster - Okay, so I swore off of more climbing plants, but I might have to make an exception here.

Snowdrops - Another of the bulbs that I need to get planted.

Flowering Maple - I would like to get one of these because they remind me of my Grandpa. He had one shortly before he died. I just need to decide what color to get. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lythrum, good choices. Especially the snowdrops, they are on my list to add more, many many more than the five bulbs I bought last fall. I wanted to see if they would grow here since there had been several failures in the past and they did. The heather you are looking for might be at Rock Spray nursery or Forestfarm. If not that specific one, look for Firefly, it is the reddest by far and I have several, all with claims of winter redness.
Frances

Lythrum said...

Thanks very much for the suggestion. It's going to be a while before I do any buying I think, but I'll keep Firefly in mind. :)

Gail said...

Hello...Lovely plants...It is so much fun to collect ideas from magazines! I just bought a climbing aster and am excited as all get out to see how it will do in the garden! I hope it survives the waiting to be planted! It was on sale and very affordable since they were going oiuut of business! Gail

Aiyana said...

You are going to be busy! I am not familiar with most, so I hope you show photos when the plants are in.
Aiyana

Rosemary said...

More great plant choices. Never heard of a climbing aster but will have to check to see if it hardy in my zone. Love climbing plants.
Come spring you will be very busy.