Sunday, February 08, 2009

Green Thumb Sunday 2/8/09

There's nothing new really to report. There are a couple of bulbs pushing up, and some buds on the flowering quince. It was a beautiful afternoon, warm and sunny. I happened to look out the window and caught a bluebird on the remains of the succulent feeder. I admit that we went for a drive yesterday and I left my camera at home so of course missed a truly spectacular cloud picture. It never fails that you see something truly impressive when you don't have your camera.

There are a lot of branches and bark fallen from the treeline in the back. I love the textures and patterns of the lichen.

And of course my creeping phlox is still plugging away like a trooper. :) I'm sure you'll all be glad when I have another plant to take pictures of :)

Green Thumb Sunday

Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been aiming a bird feeder for my garden. I surely love birds.

Rurality said...

Go, Creeping Phlox! :)

Rosemary said...

Your garden Cheered me up.
How nice to see the bluebird and the spunky phlox flowering away in your garden and you have bulbs trying to break out.

Not a darn thing too spectacular to report on my garden , still under several feet of snow.

Kiy said...

As always, beautiful photos. I love seeing your backyard and am continually amazed at all you do back there.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Cheers, Kiy