Saturday, February 07, 2009

Random Thoughts

The weather today was in the 60's and we spent some time outside with Quickbeam. Mostly letting her run off some steam. I stood for a few minutes basking in the warm sunlight and listening to the sound of the wind in the trees. I used to live in a wooded area and heard it all the time. I was struck by how rarely I hear it these days. Sometimes living in civilized areas isn't such a good thing.

On another front, I read an interesting article yesterday. The Dollar Stretcher is of of my favorite websites. This article discussed how so many people try to manage their weight and debt, when it's their cluttered lifestyle that causes the main problems. An interesting thought. :)

I made a comment on Rosemary's blog about an issue that I have when cutting back on expenses. Even though cutting back is something that I WANT to do and decide to do willingly, it is always painful for the first couple of weeks. I am a PITA because I am feeling whiny and deprived. Then I get into the groove and am fine. That's why we try not to binge and purge depending on our income, but establish a sensible spending limit that we can stick to through highs and lows.

So as always I am thankful for our blessings. :)

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

This area had mild temps yesterday too above freezing for the first time in months ,outside to enjoy it, too . So nice.
I am going to check out Dollar stretcher, thanks for the tip.
I too whine a whole lot , when cutting back on my weight or my purse . :-)