
I took Quickbeam out this evening when I got home from work. We checked the mail and then went into the backyard. She likes to grab the windchimes and ring them wildly. I let her do it as long as my ears can stand it and then we look to see what is blooming. I was checking over the creeping phlox that is blooming, and the butterscotch jessamine. The 'pink chintz' thyme even has a few blooms on it. And then I suddenly realized that the Lady Banks rose had buds all over it and that some had even started to open...go figure. I almost didn't see the forest for the trees. :)
7 comments:
Those are gorgeous!
Oh I love the yellow Lady Banks rose! We are just out of range to be able to grow it here. Our late frosts do it in every time, my neighbor has one and it has never bloomed in the ten years I have lived here. Just leaves, so what's the point? Butterscotch jessamine sounds wonderful. I love that color, and flavor! :-)
Frances
Beautiful photo. Lady Banks is very popular here and does well. The only reason I don't have one or two is because they get so heavy they fall over unless strongly supported--which is more work than I want to take on. You did say yellow was your favorite rose, so you must have hundreds of yellow roses with your Lady Banks.
Aiyana
How exciting. Very pretty rose.
Thanks for stopping by all. :) Yes, my Lady Banks has a whole bunch of yellow buds, I love it. It was a happy coincidence when I ran across it in the nursery. Mine is supported on the privacy fence so hopefully it won't fall over. :)
That's what the plant I have with yellow buds is! I had completely forgotten I had bought it last year so I've not actually seen it bloom, and with the move the pots are of course in different places. Thanks for identifying it for me!
And I can't wait to see your lotus.
Isn't that a perfect expression! I am glad your eye caught the blooms so you could share them with us! I have wanted to try Lady Banks but haven't a good spot for her, but yours is very nice, do you mind if I borrow the view and pretend it's in my yard? gail.
Post a Comment