This morning my 15-month old daughter was standing looking out the front window as she likes to do sometimes. I heard her tapping around on the glass and didn't think much of it. Then she came over and sat on my lap, and the tapping was still going on. So I went over to look and imagine my surprise when I saw the gentleman above, sitting on the windowsill. He would sit there and look intently, I am assuming at his reflection, and then would start fluttering around and pecking at the glass. We have a tint on the windows that reflects light out so I couldn't get a very good picture through it. He kept at it for almost an hour this morning, and his lady girlfriend was sitting on the rosebush outside the window being mightily impressed by her man.
I actually had big plans for this weekend, we were going to finish cleaning up the front flower beds and do some weeding in the back, but a big storm yesterday and this morning put that off of the table. It actually sounded pretty scary last night and we were under a tornado warning for a while. Thankfully it blew over and we didn't have any problems except for some clutter from the back porch blowing around in the yard.
Alas, I guess the weeds in the scree garden will have a few more days to grow. Hopefully the weather will be better next weekend!
5 comments:
Oh, cute story! And gosh, you have green in your backyard. I am *so* ready!
Cheers, Kiy
:D What a neat guy! I'm enjoying watching spring develop at your place. It's been a longer/colder winter here in eastern NC than we're used to and I'm ready for spring!
What a cute visitor you had! Thanks for sharing the story.
Hi Lythrum, how sweet that your daughter was tapping morse code with the cardinal. I never thought that they are doing it to impress a lady bird. Ours like the car side mirrors. We too have had to postpone many outdoor jobs because of rain, and we are so not complaining. Two years of drought makes us really appreciate free water from the sky.
frances
Thanks for visiting y'all. We had a pretty decent frost this morning, but nothing seems to have been harmed. Looks like warm weather for a while. :) Hopefully this was the last morning to have to scrape frost off of my car. :P
Post a Comment