We woke up this morning to a blustery snowy day. I know that my readers farther North are probably not impressed but this is the first snow that we had this year that stuck. I got my little one up and dressed and took her outside to see the white stuff.
I still only have the flowering quince that is blooming and got a similar picture this time last year.
And to make things even better I got this in the mail yesterday.
9 comments:
Oh, hooray -- an Alabama gardening blog! I found you via your comment on Rurality. Many thanks for identifying the flowering quince. There are a couple of things growing in our neck of the woods that I've not recognized (I'm a novice), and that's one of them. Do you mind if I link to your blog from mine? I've a feeling I'll want to come back for more....
I don't mind at all, I'll have to check out yours also. :)
We thought of you guys this morning when we read about the snow. Yikes! I hope it gets cleared up soon, or are you one of the ones expecting more? Bet the kids are all hoping for no school tomorrow (I remember those days).
Oh, and the little footprints ... melt my heart!
Cheers, Kiy
Are those the footprints of the garden gnome?
Aiyana
Oh no, poor goblin, spring snow !I am sure your little one loved the white stuff.........cute pic of the footsteps......
Lovely looking rose....... will be interesting to see how it performs.
We did not get snow just very cold here........Darn it!
Hi Lythrum, We had a small dusting and then it was gone, but the deep freeze is still here! I am glad that very little was blooming or it might have been mushed by now! The rose is a really lovely color...have to decided where you will plant it? gail
I am considering along our front walkway for the rose. I really don't have a spot picked out for it I hate to say. But then I also have plans on expanding my garden area in the back. I'd sworn off getting another rose but I am weak ;)
Hi Lythrum, your snow is wonderful and the little footprints precious. That rose is the most fantastic color! I look forward to seeing it growing in your garden.
Frances
Lol at the picture of the gnome with the blown snow on it!
OH NO! on the rose catalog. I think I need an intervention--it's spring fever of the "I want to grow it all" kind.
Post a Comment